SCHOOL OF GRADUATE STUDIES
IGSS (INTERNATIONAL GRADUATE STUDENT SCHOLARSHIP)
Universiti Putra Malaysia is pleased to announce that a new scholarship, the International Graduate Student Scholarship (IGSS), is now open for application for the academic year of 2018/2019. This scholarship is to provide financial incentive for students with excellent academic record from countries within Southeast Asia, South Asia, Central Asia, the Middle East, and Africa. Priority is given to applicants from academic staff members of institutions which have MoUs with UPM and intending to conduct research in priority areas relevant to UPM/Malaysia.
Terms and Conditions
- Number of scholarships awarded
- Depending on application quality and funding availability
- Duration and commencement of Scholarship
- The scholarship will cover up to 6 semesters of study subject to annual review of student’s academic progress.
- The offer commences in the First Semester of 2018/2019.
- Financial terms of the scholarship
- The scholarship covers up to 30 percent of the tuition fees for the duration of 6 semesters.
- The applicant must have fulfilled the general application requirements for international students
- The applicant must be a holder of a Master’s degree with a minimum CGPA of 3.50;
- The applicant is intending to conduct research in priority areas relevant to UPM/Malaysia;
- The applicant is not a recipient of any other forms of financial support;
- The applicant has published at least one article in an academic journal and/or has received strong recommendation from academic institutions (e.g. Vice Chancellor, Dean, Director);
- Priority is given to applicants from academic institutions which have MoUs with UPM
- Recipients must graduate on time (GOT) – For UPM Alumni only.
- This scholarship is open only to new students starting from First Semester 2018/2019.
- How to apply
- Click here to download the application form.
- The applicant must identify and communicate with their potential advisor, and submit the application through the advisor.
- The scholarship application must be submitted together with the admission application no later than 3 August 2018.
- The completed application form must be sent to the following address.
Dean, School of Graduate Studies
Zone 4, Off Jalan Stadium
Universiti Putra Malaysia
43400 UPM Serdang
Selangor Darul Ehsan, MALAYSIA
Email : email@example.com
Updated:: 18/07/2018 [azimin]