SCHOOL OF GRADUATE STUDIES
UNIVERSITI PUTRA MALAYSIA
APPLICATION FOR GRADUATE RESEARCH ASSISTANT SCHOLARSHIP (GRA)
Universiti Putra Malaysia is pleased to announce that the Research Assistant Scholarship (GRA) is now open for application for the First Semester 2021/2022 (Start date: 1st August 2021, Closing date:20th August 2021).
- Application is open to all Malaysian and International citizens who are already offered to study in a Masters (by research) or PhD programme at UPM for First Semester 2021/2022.
- Application is also open to UPM students who are currently enrolled in a Masters (by research) or PhD programme. However, they need to fulfil the following condition:
- Registered as a UPM student and the current status of study must be in “Good Standing”.
- A student with “Probation” status or defers his/her study is not eligible to apply.
- Each application must obtain an approval from the Advisor/ Chairman of the Supervisory Committee and/ or Head of Research Project and Dean of Faculty/Director of Institute.
- This scholarship is funded by the Supervisor/Chairman/Member of the Supervisory Committe’s research grant. The research grant must have a balance of at least RM10,000.00 at the time of appointment of GRA. For newly approved research grant or where the money has yet to be transferred to the research grant account, applicant must also attach the following documents with his/her application:
- Copy of Research Grant Approval Letter; or
- Validation letter from the Head of Research Project stating when the research money is estimated to be received.
- Applicants receiving other scholarship/financial assistance or in employment are not eligible to apply for this scheme.
- Applicant’s number of semesters must not exceed:
- Master : 4 semesters.
- PhD : 6 semesters.
Incentives for Successful Applicants:
- Monthly allowance (depending on total no. of hours allocated for assisting in teaching).
- RM1,125.00 – 3 teaching hours per week.
- RM1,300.00 – 4 teaching hours per week.
- RM1,500.00 – 6 teaching hours per week.
- Waiver for some tuition fee for each semester for the duration of the scholarship amounting to the following:
How to Apply:
1. Complete on-line application form via student portal at http://sgsportal.upm.edu.my:8080/sgsportal/.
2. Please ensure your Advisor/Chairman of the Supervisory Committee and/or Head of Research Project and Dean of Faculty/Director of Institute support your application through online before 20 August 2021.
Note: If any information given is found to be incorrect, the scholarship will be terminated and the student is required to refund the full amount of fee and allowance given.
*Applicants who do not receive a response within three months from the closing date of the ad are considered unsuccessful.
If you have any enquiry, please email email@example.com