SCHOOL OF GRADUATE STUDIES
INTERNATIONAL GRADUATE STUDENT SCHOLARSHIP (IGSS)
FIRST SEMESTER 2022/2023
Universiti Putra Malaysia is pleased to announce that the International Graduate Student Scholarship (IGSS) is open for application for First Semester 2022/2023 (Start date: 1st August 2022, Closing date: 31st August 2022).
This scholarship provides financial incentive for students with excellent academic record from countries within Southeast Asia, South Asia, Central Asia, the Middle East, and Africa. Priority is given to applicants from academic staff members of institutions which have MoU’s with UPM and intending to conduct research in priority areas relevant to UPM/Malaysia.
Terms and Conditions
1. Number of scholarships awarded
- Depending on application quality and funding availability
2. Duration and commencement of Scholarship
- The scholarship will cover up to 6 semesters of study subject to annual review of student’s academic progress.
- The offer commences in the First Semester of 2022/2023.
3. Financial terms of the scholarship
- The scholarship covers up to 30 percent of the tuition fees for the duration of 6 semesters.
- The applicant must have fulfilled the general application requirements for international students;
- The applicant must be a holder of a Master’s degree with a minimum CGPA of 3.50;
- The applicant is intending to conduct research in priority areas relevant to UPM/Malaysia;
- The applicant is not a recipient of any other forms of scholarship or financial support and should not be engaged in any type of employment;
- The applicant must have a copy of the research proposal approved by the advisor/supervisor;
- The applicant must have support letter from advisor/supervisor;
- The applicant has published at least one article in an academic journal and/or has received strong recommendation from academic institutions (e.g. Vice Chancellor, Dean, Director);
- The applicant must have a letter from the student’s embassy verifying that the applicant is not a recipient of any financial assistance/scholarship/income from any agencies or government;
- Priority is given to applicants from academic institutions which have MoUs with UPM
- Recipients must graduate on time (GOT) – For UPM Alumni only;
- This scholarship is open to new students and up to UPM’s second semester students (with “Good Standing” status), starting from First Semester 2022/2023.
5. How to apply
- Complete on-line application form via student portal at
- Please ensure your Advisor/Chairman of the Supervisory Committee and/or Head of Research Project and Dean of Faculty/Director of Institute support your application through online before 31st August 2022.
*Applicants who do not receive a response within three months from the closing date of the ad are considered unsuccessful.
If you have any enquiry, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Updated:: 23/08/2022 [aslamiah]