SCHOOL OF GRADUATE STUDIES
PUTRA ALUMNI SCHOLARSHIP SCHEME (PASS)
Universiti Putra Malaysia is pleased to announce that the Putra Alumni Scholarship Scheme (PASS) is now open for application for the Second Semester of 2019/2020. This scholarship was created to encourage International UPM Alumni and their children to study at the graduate level in UPM as a form of loyalty scheme.
Terms and Conditions
1. Number of scholarships awarded
- Depending on application quality and funding availability
2. Duration and commencement of Scholarship
- The scholarship will cover up to 2 years for Master's degree and 3 years for PhD.
- This scholarship is only open to new student enrolled beginning Second Semester 2016/2017.
- The offer commences in the Second Semester of 2019/2020.
3. Financial terms of the scholarship
For UPM Alumni's children:
- The scholarship covers up to 50 percent of the tuition fees for the duration of study.
For UPM Alumni:
- Recipients will be granted a 10 percent tuition fee waive.
- The applicant must have fulfilled the general application requirements for international students
- The applicant must hold a Bachelor degree or Master's degree with a minimum CGPA of 3.50;
- Applicable for programs by research only;
- The applicant must conduct research in priority areas relevant to UPM/Malaysia;
- The applicant is not a recipient of any other forms of scholarship or financial support and should not be engaged in any type of employment;
- The applicant must have a copy of the research proposal approved by the advisor/supervisor.
- The applicant must have support letter from advisor/supervisor.
- The applicant has published at least one article in an academic journal and/or has received strong recommendation from academic institutions (e.g. Vice Chancellor, Dean, Director);
- The applicant must have a letter from the student’s embassy verifying that the applicant is not a recipient of any financial assistance/scholarship/income from any agencies or government.
- Priority will be given to applicants from developing countries in which UPM holds strategic importance;
- Recipient must graduate on time (GOT) - For UPM Alumni only.
5. How to apply
- Complete on-line application form via student portal at
- Please ensure your Advisor/Chairman of the Supervisory Committee and/or Head of Research Project and Dean of Faculty/Director of Institute support your application through online before 24 January 2020.
*Applicants who do not receive a response within three months from the closing date of the ad are considered unsuccessful.
If you have any enquiry, please call 03-97694138 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Updated:: 30/12/2019 [azimin]