SPECIAL GRADUATE RESEARCH ALLOWANCE SCHEME (SGRA)
1. This scheme is open to all postgraduate students (by research) who are currently registered as full time student at UPM.
2. Applications for this scheme can be made throughout the semester provided the student is registered for that semester and the status is ‘Continue’.
3. Each application must be supported by the Advisor/Chairman of the Supervisory Committee and/or by the Head of Research Project and by the Dean of Faculty/Director of Institute where the research grant is allocated.
4. This scheme is funded by the Supervisor/Chairman/Member of the Supervisory Committee’s research grant. The number of students who can be sponsored under this grant is subjected to the conditions set by the sponsor.
5. The amount of research grant must be sufficient to pay the monthly allowance throughout the period of appointment.
6. Applicants receiving other scholarship/financial assistance or in employment are not eligible to apply for this scheme.
7. Appointment under this scheme will take effect once an official offer letter is issued by the School of Graduate Studies (SGS). Any request to backdate the date of appointment will not be entertained.
8. Guidelines on appointment are as follow:
Date of Application Received by SGS
Effective Date of Appointment
Not later than the15th day of the month.
From the 1st day of the current month.
After the 15th of the month.
From the 1st day of the following month.
9. Application for SGRA must be made every semester and the applicant’s number of semesters must not exceed:
10. Incomplete application form will not be processed.
11. Successful applicants will be provided with monthly stipends as recommended by the Supervisor/Chairman/Member of the Supervisory Committee. The ceiling monthly allowance is as follows:
Appointed candidates may be considered for a higher monthly allowance subject to the approval of the supervisor, amount of grant allocation and ceiling rate as stipulated in the sponsor's guidelines.
12. No exemption of fees will be given to students under this scheme.
Responsibilities of SGRA Recipients
Students under this scheme are not required to assist in teaching, tutoring and/or demonstrating, but shall assist in research work as instructed by the supervisor.
Note: If any information given is found to be incorrect, the scholarship will be terminated and the student is required to refund the full amount of fee and allowance given.
For enquiries please contact Ms. Rozalita Adnan at 03-9769 4238 or email to email@example.com
Updated:: 18/08/2021 [aslamiah]
Universiti Putra Malaysia
43400 UPM Serdang
Selangor Darul Ehsan, Malaysia