- As new international students are still not allowed to enter Malaysia, no Electronic Visa Approval Letter (eVAL) will be issued by the Malaysian Immigration Department until further notice. However, new students still need to submit an EVAL application through the EMGS system after receiving the UPM offer letter and deciding to enroll online. EMGS will issue an EMGS APPROVAL LETTER when the application reaches 32% (IM14U-Document ready for submission to Immigration), and students need to upload this letter into PutraENROLL during the online registration process.
- New students who have obtained eVAL before Movement Control Order (MCO) enforcement and have not entered Malaysia, EMGS have also issued an EMGS APPROVAL LETTER as permission to enroll and attend classes online. Please refer to the EMGS portal to obtain the letter.
- For new international students who are currently in Malaysia and previously had student passes at other universities, they must apply for PROGRESSION before being allowed to register in UPM. Please refer to Putra International Centre for further information and assistance.
Contact person-in-charge: Seksyen Visa & Pass
How to apply for eVAL/EMGS Approval Letter:
1. Create an account: https://visa.educationmalaysia.gov.my/customer/account/login/
2. Click on Student Visa to apply for eVAL/EMGS Approval Letter.
Updated:: 08/10/2020 [rahwati]