UPM JOINT PhD SUPERVISION PROGRAMME
For Outbound Student (UPM student)
1. Contact the International and Mobility Unit of the School of Graduate Studies (SGS) to check your eligibility and to get all the important information about the programme. Any student who would like to join the programme must fulfil the minimum requirements as specified below:
a) Only first year PhD students are allowed to apply.
b) The study status must be “Good Standing”.
c) The current registration status is “Continue”. Those with “Provisional” status are not allowed to apply.
d) Student must have obtained a minimum score of 6.0 for IELTS or its equivalent (a higher score may be required by the Host university).
2. Discuss research proposal and obtain permission from supervisor at the faculty/institute in UPM to join the programme.
3. Locate an overseas institution that offers a Cotutelle programme and identify potential Host supervisor. You may refer to the list below for the universities that offering Cotutelle Doctoral Degrees:
iii) Flinders University
4. Check if the Host University has a Cotutelle or Jointly Awarded PhD Policy and read the policy properly.
5. Obtain confirmation from the potential Host supervisor to be part of the joint supervision committee. Ask if the Host University has a Cotutelle template agreement. If they don’t, please download the Joint Supervision template agreement from the SGS website.
6. Submit a formal application for Cotutelle programme to the Host University.
7. Obtain an admission offer letter from the Host University.
8. Download an Application Form from the SGS website.
9.Complete the application form and the template agreement.
10. Submit both documents and all supporting documents as listed below to the International and Mobility Unit, SGS, UPM:
a) Research proposal
b) Study timeline
d) A copy of your Master’s degree certificate and transcript
e) A copy of your passport
f) A copy of the offer letter from the Host University
Updated:: 03/07/2020 [aslamiah]
Universiti Putra Malaysia
43400 UPM Serdang
Selangor Darul Ehsan, Malaysia