The Southeast Asian Regional Center for Graduate Study and Research in Agriculture (SEARCA) is pleased to invite qualified officers and staff members from UPM to apply for SEARCA Graduate Scholarship (Masters or PhD) in agriculture and related fields focused on inclusive and sustainable agricultural and rural development for Academic Year 2015-2016.
All applicants/nominees for both Master’s and PhD scholarship must not be more than 35 years of age at the time of application.
Applicants are requested to submit the following documents (incomplete submissions will not be evaluated):
- Duly accomplished SEARCA Scholarship application form (2 copies);
- Duly accomplished application forms for admission to the Gradute Schools of any three (3) universities listed in SEARCA Scholarship application form where the applicant may pursue graduate studies;
- Original transcript of academic records bearing the seal of the University and original signatures of the Registrar or Head of the University. Applicants for Master’s degree should submit their original Bachelor of Science (BS) transcript of records. PhD degree applicants should submit their original BS and Masters transcripts of records;
- Certificate of employment;
- Update curriculum vitae;
- Brief description of the research that the applicant plans to conduct for thesis/dissertation. The research topic must be in line with the thrusts of SEARCA’s Tenth Five-Year Plan of inclusive and sustainable agricultural and rural development, i.e. social equity, environment integrity and regional economic integration by promoting food and nutrition security; value chains and agribusiness commodity systems; innovation and modern technologies; rural entrepreneurship; climate change adaptation and resiliency, natural resource management; sub-regional cooperation in trade and investments; and government policies/reforms that address rural poverty, inequitable growth and environment degradation. The Plan will be made available at http://www.searca.org
- Passport-size ID picture (2 pieces)
- Certification from a medical doctor that the applicant is in good physical and mental health condition and is fit to undertake graduate studies;
- Official endorsement from the employer; and
- A passing TOEFL score of 550 or IELTS results of 6.0.
Date of Input: |
Updated: 21/05/2018 | azimin